You’ve tried traditional diet and exercise, but are still struggling to lose weight. You’re not alone. While no diet or program is a guarantee you’ll lose weight, you might be able to jumpstart your weight loss with the addition of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) injections.
Why A Pregnancy Hormone?
Both men and non-pregnant women already produce the hormone in low doses. In increased levels, hCG can target fat cells and work with your diet and exercise program to isolate excess stores in the stomach, hips, thighs, and throughout the body.
Is A Hormone Injection All You Need?
No, you must watch your calorie intake and doctors now recommend around 800 calories/day while taking hCG injections. A highly restrictive diet encourages your body to utilize your excess fat store for energy. Your doctor will likely prescribe a vitamin B12 supplement, which can promote distribution of hCG and brain health.
How Long Do You Take Injections?
The hCG program consists of four phases. These are dependent on the individual and their weight loss goals. Injections last anywhere between four and eight weeks. During the third phase, you stop injections and prepare your body for maintenance in phase four.
- Phase one — loading phase where you’re encouraged to consume high calorie, nutrient rich foods for a few days
- Phase two — injection and calorie restriction begins, lasting anywhere from 23 to 40 days
- Phase three — injections stop and you begin another, less restrictive eating program
- Phase four — maintenance phase
For a complete 43-day hCG diet cycle, you will need two 5000 IU vials. If you need to lose less than 15lbs, a shorter cycle and one vial will do.
How Much Do I Take?
Minimum dosage is 125 IU’s and the maximum is 200 IU’s of hCG. This and the chart below are only for injections. Drops and other forms will have different measurements.
- 125 IU’s- .125 cc/ ml equals to 12.5 units on the syringe
- 150 IU’s- .15 cc/ ml equals to 15 units on the syringe
- 175 IU’s- .175 cc/ml equals to 17.5 units on the syringe
- 200 IU’s- .20 cc/ ml equals to 20 units on the syringe
What Do You Need?
- hCG vials
- Bacteriostatic water
- Mixing syringe
- Alcohol wipes
- 2000 IU vial—2 ml mixing syringe—2 ml bacteriostatic solution
- 5000 IU vial—5 ml mixing syringe—5 ml bacteriostatic solution
- 10000 IU vial—10 ml mixing syringe—10 ml bacteriostatic solution
How To Mix
- Remove the tops from both vials and wipe clean with alcohol prep wipes.
- Insert mixing syringe needle into the bacteriostatic water to withdraw solution (see above chart).
- Slowly add the solution into hCG vial.
- Gently swirl the vial.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Now it’s ready.
- Don’t mix more than one vial at a time.
- Keep in a cool, dark place, and away from light.
- Choose an amber vial or wrap in foil.
- Do not place in the freezer.
- Only mix with bacteriostatic water.
- Don’t shake your vials.